Wednesday 18 April 2012

Trend To Try: Neon Nails

Hey everyone!
One of the hottest trend out there that everyone should try out is the neon nails trend. They are not just perfect to add a pop of color and spice up your outfit this Spring but they are also fun, young and fresh. I will be showing and reviewing the China Glaze Poolside Collection, which follows this trend perfectly. This collection consists of six in-your-face, bright neon colors. I have a love/hate relationship when it comes with neon nails as I think they look kind of weird on me but these colors are just too pretty for me not to wear!

As I said the colors in this collection are just amazing, though the only hitch was the color payoff. China Glaze has always been one of my favorite nail polish brand as it has a great color range as well as excellent formulation but these colors seem to be a little bit opaque. Each color applies a little bit different so you have to see what works best for each color. I would suggest to paint your nails white before applying any of these polishes as this will make them pop.

Note that neon polishes tend to come out a little bit lighter on camera so they might not show true to color but I did the best I could :)

So, here are the nail polishes :) :


Towel Boy Toy, Kiwi Coolada, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Sun Worshiper, Flip Flop Fantasy, and Pool Party


And here are some swatches:

Towel Boy Toy



Kiwi Coolada



     Yellow Polka Dot Bikini         


Sun Worshiper


Flip Flop Fantasy


Pool Party 


All in all I really like these polishes and am going to rock them all season! My favorite out of this collection would be Flip Flop Fantasy, Kiwi Coolada (my favorite green so far) and Yellow Polka Dot Bikini :)

So, what do you think of the Poolside collection? Are you digging neon nails for this season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment